Diversity has a significant influence on health care. Studying transcultural health care helps health professionals understand different cultures in order to provide holistic and individualized health care. Review the Purnell Model for Cultural Competence, including the theory, framework and 12 domains. Write 750-1,000-word paper exploring the Purnell Model for Cultural Competence. Include the following:
- Explain culturally sensitive care and its application within health care.
- Explain the theory and organizational framework of the Purnell Model, and discuss its relevance to transcultural health care.
- Describe Purnell’s 12 domains of culture, and assess how each of these domains plays an active role in the diversity of health care in your specific field.
- Discuss how this model can be applied when working with different cultures in order to become a more culturally competent health care provider.
- Cite at least three references, including the course textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency:
BS Health Sciences
1.1 Explain culturally sensitive care and its application within health care.