Understanding the difference between IT Project- based and Non IT Project- based tasks
Prepare a list of IT project-based tasks in an organization where you have worked. If you have not worked in any organization, use the South University Online Library or the Internet to make a sample list. In a Microsoft Word document, based on the task list prepared by you, create a detailed report to address the following:
- Describe the difference between project-based and non-project-based tasks.
- Categorize each task that you identified, as either project-based or non-project-based.
- Why are certain tasks categorized as projects and others as non-projects?
- Identify all of the stakeholders involved in the project you selected for preparing the task list.
- How important is it to identify all the stakeholders of a project?
Offex Corporate Website
For this assignment, you are required to work on different aspects of the project described below for the next five weeks.
Imagine you have to work on a project for building a corporate website for a company named Offex Limited. Based on your understanding on different aspects of project management, create a 2- to 3-page detailed report in a Microsoft Word document that addresses the following:
- Objective of the project
Identify the different phases of the project for building a corporate website, and learn how to initiate, plan, implement, and manage the project. Finally, close and document the project.
- Project overview
Offex Limited is in the business of selling office equipment in Boston and wishes to increase market visibility by having a presence on the Internet. The CEO of Offex Limited has assigned you the responsibility to analyze the requirements for building the company website.
This job involves the following:
- Conceptualizing and designing the website
- Developing content for the web pages
- Registering an appropriate domain name
- Booking space for hosting the website
- Publishing web pages
- Testing and maintaining the website
Guidelines for the Project:
In this week, identify the various phases and deliverables for each phase of the project.
Note: For this week, analyze the different phases that will be required for the project. Your analysis should include the deliverables that will be submitted for each phase. Also provide a description for each phase and deliverables. Support your responses with examples.