The policy practice/advocacy can take whatever form you wish and can be on any level: agency, community, state, or federal. You will submit a prospectus (3–4 pages) that describes the problem that is being addressed and the expected advocacy activities. You are expected to carry out the activities planned in this proposal and will present on your actions and outcomes in the Week 10 Final Project assignment.
- Provide a brief synopsis of your social problem and identification of a policy that you submitted in Week 3 (week 3 information will be provided)
- Describe the social problem or policy you would like to change, and the specific action you plan take to effect change.
Be specific when describing the social problem or policy you would like to change and address the following:
- If you selected a policy, when was the policy enacted, by whom, and for what reason?
- How are you going to work to change the policy/problem (i.e., plan for social advocacy)?
- How will your efforts address the policy/social problem described?
- Is continued policy practice/advocacy needed to make a long-term impact? Why or why not?
The prospectus will need to be well researched and written using APA guidelines. Data should come from at least five sources.