Purpose of Assignment
This assignment is designed to help students analyze and understand how price setting and go to market (distribution) are interrelated and affects the profitability and growth of the business. It has been designed to be a short overview on purpose: the concepts of pricing and distribution are complex and a general understanding is what should be absorbed in one week of study.
Resources: Marketing Plan and outline
Construct a minimum 700-word plan for setting price and a distribution model (place/distribution) in Microsoft® Word. This plan should address at least three elements (from the Price and Place/Distribution list below) of the Price and Place/Distribution section of the marketing plan.
- Price and Place/Distribution:
- Distribution Strategies
- Channels, Mass, Selective, Exclusive
- Positioning within channels
- Dynamic/Static Pricing Strategies
- Channel tactics (Pricing)
- Daily pricing, promotion pricing, List pricing
Note: Charts/graphs/tables do not count toward the word count.