Operational Budget Preparation
Utilizing your textbook readings, create a presentation that provides:
- An overview of the components of an operating budget including revenue and expense sections applicable to the healthcare environment that relate to strategic management and management of short- and long-term financial resources;
- Definitions and one example of the following components: direct costs, indirect costs, overhead, fixed cost and variable cost, service revenue, non-service revenue, total revenue, gross revenue, and net revenue as applied to healthcare; and
- An example of how the realities of a budget might direct or influence the strategic planning in a healthcare organization.
The finished Assignment should be a 6-12 slide explanatory PowerPoint® presentation of an operating budget.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
How to Submit
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, select the unit Dropbox then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of the Assignment you submit.