1. Research and discuss the origin of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), its mission and agency vision. Differentiate the enforcement and compliance assistance elements of the Agency.
2. Research and discuss the origin of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), its mission, and agency vision. Define its jurisdictional authority and enforcement elements.
3. Review Executive Order 13650. List and discuss 3 highlights of the executive order focusing on community/environmental health and safety. In addition, discuss Federal government collaboration, integration, and compliance and outreach efforts.
4. Research and review 29 CFR 1910.119, Process Safety of Highly Hazardous Chemicals. Define and discuss its origin, purpose, scope, and goals of the standard.
The answers should be at least 3 substantive paragraphs, well developed, referenced, and properly formatted. “Substantive” means that the writer has added to the dialogue with referenced facts or pertinent personal experience leading to a reasoned argument that advances the scholarly discussion. Discussion question answers must include at least one reference that is not from the assigned reading.
Reference to appropriate authoritative resources and official websites. Must be accessible online. Use New Times Roman 12 font with 1” margins and APA style.
– Noll, Hilderbrand, and Yvossa Hazardous material: Managing the incident 4th ed. (chapters 1 through 5)
– Stilp, R. and Bevelacqua, A.; Emergency Medical Response to Hazardous Material Incidents, ISBN-10: 0-8273-7829-7 DELMAR CENGAGE Learning. (Chapters 1 and 2)
– Henry, T.; Decontamination for Hazardous Materials Emergencies, ISBN-10 0-7668-0693-6 DELMAR CENGAGE Learning. (Appendices A through E, pgs 51-76)
– Research 29 CFR 1910.119 (Process Safety of Highly Hazardous Chemicals).
– Research and review Executive Order 13650; also EPA’s RMP project.