Address the following in 200-300 words:
Revisiting the ideas and discussions on qualitative inquiry from your assigned text readings, provide three (3) 1-paragraph proposals for the following:
- Why a qualitative approach may be appropriate for your area of interest
- Include a rationale for each proposed use of qualitative inquiry.
Cite sources as appropriate.
Learning Reflections on Interview Strategies
Address the following in 200-300 words:
Why are open-ended questions an important part of qualitative research?
Based on the research question you devised earlier (based on your research interests) develop and list five open-ended questions that you might ask research participants in order to collect data that will address your research question. Along with EACH question, share a rationale for why you’re asking that specific question.
Address Part III in 200-300 words.
Participants are recruited for research in a number of ways. The methods used to recruit participants for research are called “sampling plans.” List and provide an explanation for at least three types of sampling plans used in qualitative research.
Which of the three might work best for your research, given your research question, use of qualitative research, and access to participants.
The assignment did not utilize references and citations incorporating support to address the qualitative approach, and there was no discussion of the type of interviews (structured, unstructured, etc.) and the sampling approaches were not presented per the text descriptions and you did not specify which sampling approach you would use for your research topic. Your research topic needs to be related to your field of DCS or DM.
Management such a well-known term but consistently undermined. Big organizations and corporations crumble down due to poor management. Governments have been overthrown due to poor management. So, what does this word Management mean? Management does not only apply to big corporations and businesses it also applies to individuals. How we manage our time, our lives and our jobs. The way we manage ourselves determines the kind of life we live. The kind of opportunities we see and the kind of challenges we take on. This brings me to my area of interest, Strategic Management. What determines the kind of management an organization has? Is it dependent on the employees or employers? Does it start from self-management? The big corporations, long standing corporations like coca cola, Lego, how do they manage to be able to hold all the branches together, how do they manage to retain their brand, quantity and quality. There are two types of research; quantitative research and qualitative research. Quantitative stems from the word quantity, so it mostly deals with numbers. Qualitative on the other hand depends on observations and interviews, it depends on people’s perceptions and deriving data from words. It also makes use of inductive approach. Inductive approach is used when the data is dependent on behavior or depends on research questions. Since my area of interest is highly dependent on the above; research questions, behavior and forecasting means that qualitative approach is the appropriate research methodology for my area of interest.
To get a job, any job one must go through an interview first. It can be described as one on one conversation between participants. An interviewer and interviewee. We go through them every day, they might not all be formal, like work interviews. But almost every day, a day can’t go by without having a conversation with another person. Basically, it is communication. Both participants get to learn something about the other. Communication is essential to growth. This discussion will focus on the formal part of interviews, research question. My area of interest is strategic management. Does strategic management have anything to do with the growth of an organization? This question can be broken about into a number of different questions to be able to come up with a conclusion. Since qualitative research depends on people’s perceptions, open ended questions are an important part to be able to see how people perceive different situations. Here is a list of five open ended questions I would ask to help me with my area of interest: strategic management.
- What time do you wake up and why? To know if self-management can lead to the growth of an organization.
- What is your dream? To know why employees/ employers dedicated their time to grow an organization.
- Why are you here? To learn about perceptions of different employees/ employers and whether it has anything to do with management.
- What do you think about the management here? To see how employees, perceive their management.
- How do you see your future? Management. How different employees and employers see their future.
- Random sampling. In random sampling, samples are taken from the population in an unbiased manner. This might be difficult to do in the natural world.
- Judgmental sampling. From the word judgement, means that sampling is done from a very critical point of view. Prior knowledge is used to make conclusions.
- Systematic sampling. This type of sampling requires a fixed plan. A strategy should be in place to define the target population. Sampling is done in a fair manner.
- Systematic-judgmental sampling. From both systematic and judgmental sampling, this type of sampling uses prior knowledge to choose a population that fits the research. A sample is chosen in a fair manner based on prior knowledge.
- Stratified sampling. The population to be sampled is first classified and then sampling is done in a random manner based on classifications.
No research would be complete without data. Qualitative research especially depends on people’s perceptions. Different participants would have to be chosen to be able to complete a specific research. The manner in which these participants are chosen is called sampling plans. There are different types of sampling plans. Sampling plans are the tactics to be employed to ascertain that the research questions are answered. There are different types of sampling plans.
The three type of sampling plans that would be ideal for my research question would be; systematic, systematic- judgmental and stratified sampling.
Considering either your research problem area or your associated theoretical topic or framework, locate 1 published dissertation (within the last five years) using each of the following:
- A study described by the author as being a phenomenology or phenomenological study
- A study described by the author as being a grounded theory study
- A study described by the author as being an ethnography or an ethnographic study
- A case study that employed mixed methods
- Find dissertations in ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database in the CTU Library
For each dissertation and methodological choice prepare a discussion that includes:
- Full APA citation(s) in proper format
- Author’s abstract
- Your annotation, which includes and an analysis of the following:
- An overview, in your own words, of the qualitative research design.
- The population from which participants were recruited.
- The sampling plan used by the researcher.
- Include brief description of the data collection procedures.
- Your evaluation of the effectiveness of the above.
It only addressed two theses. Four (4) dissertations reflecting each of the qualitative design approaches (grounded theory, phenomenology, ethnography and case study) were to be assessed and annotated bibliographies prepared in APA annotated bibliography format. You did not identify and develop the four (4) required APA annotations for each of these in APA annotated bibliography format. Also, these theses were not topically related to your research area of management effectiveness, but were on unrelated topics. The research designs used in each were not specified.
Redo assignment- see attachment name assignment
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 150–200 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Learning Reflections on Qualitative Analysis Process
Provide a discussion about how qualitative data is analyzed. Please cite at least three qualitative dissertations published within the last three years, along with other sources as needed. Share enough information that you’ve demonstrated a clear understanding about how qualitative data is analyzed..
you did not analyze the specific qualitative coding process that was used in each dissertation to analyze the data and the findings obtained. Also, the dissertation topics were not related in any way to your research topic of management effectiveness, but were in very different fields.
Qualitative research depends on the collection and analysis of data. After data has been collected either through observations or interviews, it is set out to be analyzed. Qualitative research involves a lot of words, hence the manner in which data is to be analyzed depends the type of conclusion to be reached. Data can be analyzed in different ways, from content analysis to analysis by the type of responses given by different participants. Since qualitative data involves a lot of words, a researcher first needs to read through the data so as to familiarize with it and be able to determine if there are any re-occurring patterns (Yingxin, 2019). Once the researcher is reading through the data, it is imperative to refer back to the research objectives to see if some of the answers answer the objectives of the research (Reinhardt, 2019). Patterns and connections can be derived from reading (Franzoni, 2019). Some of the analysis methods involve; content analysis, narrative analysis, grounded theory and discourse analysis.
Franzoni, M. (2019). The Economy of the Curatorial and the Fields of the Contemporary Art World: Curatorial instances and the market of contemporary art in and from (South) Africa (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/10803/667674
Reinhardt, R. (1989). . Sustainable business model perspectives for the electric vehicle industry : the case of battery second use (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/10803/668032
Yingxin, W. (2019). Spatial adjunstments of furniture industry. A comparison of Spain and Denmark (2006-2015) (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/10803/667933