For this assignment, you will be exploring your topic/question from the Research Proposal and Preliminary Bibliography (Module 3). You will also start reading and thinking about the sources you found in that project. Your purposes for the presentation are primarily to explore and to question. Above all, resist closure and avoid making an argument or taking a final stance on your issue. (You will get to do that in the final project of the semester.) You still can–and should–have opinions and reactions to your sources, but you shouldn’t settle your entire research question yet.
This assignment will not result in a single, polished opinion on your topic, as that is what your portfolio project is intended to be. Rather, you will create one of the following options to present to your peers as an evolving presentation:
- Video Blog with presentation and voiceover
Part 1: Initial Post
This is a small-group discussion forum. Continue working in your assigned group based on the theme you chose. Post your PowerPoint, Prezi, or video blog to the discussion forum. Address the following in your presentation:
- Reintroduce your topic and research questions: reuse elements of your Research Proposal here, but keep it brief, i.e. one paragraph. Be sure to note your thesis.
- Summarize and respond to two of your research sources.
- Provide a direct hyperlink when you first introduce the source and an APA citation at the end of your post.
- Use APA in-text citations for any quotations, or paraphrases. It is best to start paraphrasing your sources here.
- Pose exploratory questions about your source.
- Keep your own perspective open-ended and exploratory. Don’t commit to a “side” or a stance yet; consider the issue from multiple angles.
If you choose the video blog, post reference information directly in the forum.