Option #1: The Provider Network â Managed Care Contracting Presentation
The provider network is one of the most important elements of managed care because managed care could not exist without it.
- What is the provider network?
- Explain how the provider network is linked to act of managed care contracting?
- What are 2-3 common challenges that a typical member of the provider network might encounter with managed care contracting? Explain why.
- Discuss different approaches that a health plan might take to developing and maintaining a network under differing conditions such as a rural area, underserved area, or community where there is minimum competition between some specialties. Explain why.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-6 slides long.
- Include title, introductory, concluding, and reference slides for a total of 8-10 slides.
- Each slide should have at least 150 words of speakerâs notes.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Cite at least three scholarly sources, published within the last five years, in addition to the course textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.