A. Identify a current nursing practice within your healthcare setting that requires change.
Note: You can describe your setting without identifying it by name and begin to introduce the specific problem that you will be addressing.
1. Describe the current nursing practice.
Note: Describe the current practice and what may be wrong with the current practice that is resulting in the identified problem.
2. Discuss why the current nursing practice needs to be changed.
B. Identify the key stakeholders within your healthcare setting who are part of the current nursing practice.
1. Describe the role each identified key stakeholder will play to support the proposed practice change.
Note: These are the individuals who will make up the team to plan, implement and evaluate the change.
C. Create an evidence critique table (see “Sample Evidence Critique Table”).
Note: Insert your evidence critique table into your paper.
1. Identify five sources from scholarly peer-reviewed journals, which adhere to the following standards:
a. Each source must be published within the past five years.
b. Each source must relate to the change identified in part A.
c. Each source must be listed in the table using APA format.
2. Identify the evidence strength of each chosen source, using the Strength of Evidence information in the study plan.
3. Identify the evidence hierarchy of each chosen source, using the Evidence Hierarchy information in the study plan.
D. Develop an evidence summary based on the findings from part C that includes each of the five sources used (suggested length of 1–2 pages for all sources).
Note: Create one well developed paragraph for each article which includes the purpose, methods or study design, results or conclusions and how the article supports the practice change recommendation.
E. Recommend a specific best practice based on the evidence summary developed in part D.
F. Identify a practice change model that is appropriate to apply to the proposed practice change.
Note: Identify the model that you have chosen and give a brief description of how it is generally used.
1. Justify why you chose the practice change model and how it is relevant to the proposed practice change.
2. Explain how to apply the identified model to guide the implementation of the proposed practice change.
Note: Clearly articulate how the model will be used to guide change and address each step individually and with specific detail.
G. Discuss possible barriers to successful implementation of the proposed practice change.
H. Discuss any possible ethical implications that may arise while planning or implementing the proposed practice change.
Note: Describe which ethical principle(s) or ANA Code of Ethics provision(s) speaks to, or supports, your practice change and why.
I. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.