- CLASS, PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE BEGINNING ANY WORK! In Week 1 Class, I want you to become very familiar with the content and expectations of this course. In Week 1, you will not have a formal set of discussion questions to answer from the lecture/readings. I would like for you to complete the following by the end of Week 1.
1) NOTE!!! Please review this live Webex recording (SEE BELOW). This is absolutely REQUIRED.
the video/PPT slides ( 8 SIMPLE RULES) please POST the following statement: ” I have reviewed or I am in the process of reviewing the “Eight Simple Rules” Webex video. I understand that it is my responsibility to review the contents of the video. I will contact you if I have any questions.”
SEE BELOW: Click OPEN the Play Recording Link and Enter the recording Password: (under PLAY RECORDING).
SOC 300 WK 1 GENERAL INFORMATION-20190930 2314-1Monday, January 6, 202010:56 pm | Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00) Play recording (36 min)Recording password: sEpPwZU8
NOTE! If you cannot access the video, please try another Internet browser (this usually solves the problem), or contact the Strayer Helpdesk/Tech Support at 877.642.2999. If you continue to have access issues email me.
2) FROM THE COURSE INFO SECTION, Open and review the Student Course Guide and READ the SOC 300 Weekly Discussion Guide and Grading Rubric.
TO DO! ANSWER THE FOLLOWING: Please post this response to the discussion after you have read the Weekly Discussion Guide: Do you understand the general expectations of weekly discussions? Why is it important to LABEL each section of your work? Why are references necessary?
3) TO DO! STUDENT TO STUDENT POSTING: Please respond to another classmate.
4) The INSTRUCTOR INSIGHTS VIDEO is OPTIONAL, however please feel free to view it.
5) TO DO! Please POST your Personal Introduction in the WEEK 1 section ( see the Week 1 homepage for the INTRODUCTION link).
NOTE! If you have questions of a personal nature or you require special assistance, please do not post this to the discussion, simply email me.
RESPOND TO THIS POST:
RE: Week 1 Discussion: My Answers and follow-up
Good Afternoon Class and Professor,
To begin, I have reviewed or I am in the process of reviewing the “Eight Simple Rules” Webex video. I understand that it is my responsibility to review the contents of the video. I will contact you if I have any questions
Now to answer the queestions:
Do you understand the general expectations of weekly discussions
A: Yes I understand the general Expectations of weekly discussions. We are to answer the ALL questions thouroughly in your own words. You are also required to responded to your peers posts as well. 1-2 peers.
Why is it important to LABEL each section of your work
A: It’s Important to label each section of your work because as you can see, it helps distinguish each question that is ask. It also keeps track to make should that you’ve answered all answered that was asked.
Why are references necessary?
A: References is totally neccessary because it would should where did you retrieve your answer from. It can be either the webtext (Soomo) or via the internet. IT MUST BE IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Plagirsim is a no no. : )